Not logged in
Front Page / Forum / Help in transcription of records / Attester - Transcription help please

Karen Hansen
3 Jul 2020 - 19:25
Headline

I found the following Attester in Sankt Katharine 1847-1885 Churchbook for Christen Knudsen Jensen.  I suspect the Attester is because of his intended marriage.

The handwriting is too difficult for me to figure out, but it looks like it may have some interesting information besides the usual transfer of member records from one parish to another.

https://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn1169/churchbook/source326880/opslag20905547

So far I have "At Christen Knudsen Jensen, en Son af husmand Jens Deigaard Christensen paa Tjerreborghede i Tjerreborg Sogn ikke [sar i] ???"

I know the following about Christen Knudsen Jensen.

Born 9 January 1835 Tjæreborg Parish, Skast, Ribe.

Baptized 18 January 1835 in Tjæreborg Parish, Skast, Ribe.

Confirmed 15 April 1849 Sneum Parish, Skast, Ribe, but still lived in Tjæreborg Parish.

Moved to Roager Parish, Hviding, Tønder 23April 1849.  I have found no record of him in Roager Parish yet.

Married 27 June 1858 to Birthe Cathrine Petersen in Sankt Katharine, Ribe.  Banns posted 2, 9 & 16 May.

The 1st daughter was baptized the same day as the parents married.

Would someone please transcribe this record?  There is another one for another man from the same Priest that looks identical in Image 91.

Mange tak!